JanuRun 2024 virtual event
Terms and Conditions
Please read our JanuRun 2024 terms & conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) carefully and get in touch if you have any questions.
By participating in JanuRun (the “Event”) in aid of Great Ormond Street Hospital Children's Charity (Registered charity no. 1160024) (the “Charity”) you are deemed to have agreed to the following Terms and Conditions:
- All donations must be received through Participants’ Funraisin fundraising page.
- You are registering for and taking part in the Event of your own volition and therefore confirm that your general state of health and fitness is good and that you understand that any injury sustained by you, which after investigation is deemed to be no fault of the Charity, shall be your own responsibility. For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall attempt to limit or exclude the Charity’s liability for fraud, death or personal injury.
- Children under 16 years of age at the start of the Event, 1 January 2024, must be registered by a parent or guardian; and be accompanied by a responsible adult during their participation in their chosen activity for the Event.
- All information provided about children under 16 years of age must be done so only with the explicit permission and knowledge of the child’s parent/guardian.
- By participating in the Event, you confirm that you will comply with all applicable laws and government guidelines in force at the time and shall ensure that any children and guests attending the Event to support you shall do the same.
- Should you choose to connect your Funraisin account with any other third-party website and/or a device, you accept that you do so at your own risk, and the Charity shall not be responsible for any data you provide them, or the terms and conditions you may be asked to accept.
- When using the ‘invite a friend’ feature on social media, you must only enter another person’s name and email address with their prior consent.
- You understand that if you accept an invitation through the ‘invite a friend’ feature on social media, the person who challenged you can see your name, email address and registration status.
- Team Captains providing information about other team members must do so only with each team member’s explicit consent.
- You understand that team captains can view the name and email addresses of all team members.
- The first 350 Individual Participants who complete and submit the JanuRun registration form on fundraise.gosh.org/event/janurun by midnight (GMT, UK) 12 December 2023, will automatically receive one pair of Charity shoelaces and one Charity running buff in the post*.
- Individual Participants who raise £96 or more, excluding Gift Aid, by midnight (GMT, UK) 15 February 2024, will automatically receive a medal in the post*.
- *Participants must provide a residential postal address, in the United Kingdom, which includes a valid postcode (“Valid Postal Address”) to receive either the shoelaces and running buff and/or medal.
- The shoelaces, running buff and medal are non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
- The Charity reserves the right to replace the shoelaces and/or running buff and/or medal with an alternative of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond the Charity’s control makes it necessary to do so.
- The Charity reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
- The Charity reserves the right to make changes to these Terms and Conditions from time to time and may amend the dates advertised if necessary.
- The Charity accepts no responsibility for any errors due to a technical fault, technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, network, or server failure of any kind.
- Those 350 Individual Participants who complete and submit the JanuRun registration form on fundraise.gosh.org/event/janurun by midnight (GMT, UK) 12 December 2023 will have one pair of shoelaces and one running buff sent via second class post. We will try to do this by 15 December 2023, to the Valid Postal Address given upon registration to the Event, unless the Charity is updated otherwise.
- The medals will be sent via second class post, by the end of February 2024, to the Valid Postal Address given upon registration to the Event, unless the Charity is updated otherwise.
- The Charity accepts no responsibility for any shoelaces and/or running buffs and/or medals that are lost, damaged, or delayed in in the post and can only send out a replacement if available.
- Personal data supplied during this promotion may be passed on to third party suppliers only insofar as required for fulfilment, delivery, and arrangement of the Event.
- In the event of a conflict between these Terms and Conditions and any other terms and conditions on this website, or any other third-party websites associated or linked to via this one, then these Terms and Conditions shall prevail to the extent allowable by applicable law.
- These Terms and Conditions and any dispute or claim between the parties arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Each party irrevocably agrees that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions, or its subject matter or formation.
Last Updated: 11/10/2023